To lead and manage the Compliance activities for our clients pan European business within the Risk department in support of our clients vision to be the trusted brand for financial services in Europe and to be the first choice and household name for financial services by 2030. This will be delivered by achieving the mission of exceptional people, providing outstanding customer experiences today.
As a member of the Risk Management team, manage and oversee maintenance of the our clients Risk Register, capture all risks and ensure mitigating controls are put in place. Ensure sufficient controls and monitoring are in place to meet regulatory requirements for compliance , be aware of new relevant legislative developments, and manage the mitigation of risk exposure within data protection, legislation and financial crime.
As part of the Risk Team, design and develop strategies for sustainable growth. Work collaboratively with other leaders to create opportunities to support the success of our client
To enhance, develop and comply with all corporate governance requirements.
Skill requirements :
- Ability to lead and manage people ( note day one role has no DR’s so ability rather than actual experience is acceptable )
- Ability to think operationally and strategically
- Ability to make sound commercial business decisions
- Ability to collaborate with and influence senior colleagues
- Ability to analyze statistics and data
- Ability to interpret the regulatory framework and implement business solutions
- Knowledge and experience of compliance and risk
- Knowledge of European legislative and regulatory rules
- Knowledge of FCA, Data Protection, GDPR and ISO regulations
- Knowledge of Data Privacy Impact Assessments
- Knowledge and understanding of working and dealing directly multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of operating systems, compliance and risk issues of third-party relationships
Our ideal applicant will be Netherlands based and commutable to offices cAmsterdam , secondary choice would be a UK based applicant.
Rationale for preference for a Netherlands hire is based on fact the role has a pan European focus and the reasonable expectation is that an applicant based in Europe will have greater awareness and understanding of European compliance issues whereas a UK one unless with international experience won’t have this breadth.
Preferred background is from a large scale multi country bank asset financier where the full range of compliance experience should have been accrued.
Those from a multi country captive financier ( hard assets or soft assets does not matter ) are also very welcome to apply.
Our client may also consider compliance specialists from an international insurance background , or possibly trade finance , invoice finance , what matters most is your compliance experience.
Please do not apply if your experience is purely operation in asset finance as this is a compliance role needing a genuine depth compliance expertise.
Salary to €90,000 or equivalent £ + 25% bonus + company car.