Our client a leading pan European vendor centric lessor are seeking a European Programmes Manager to be responsible for the strategic management of c15 programmes that they operate across up to 30 countries.
Your role will in effect be the interface between our client , their vendor partner ( typically manufacturers) and their strategic financing partners. Our client provides own book financing across a number of countries in Europe but uses partners for financing in various other countries where they do not fund own book.
This is not an out and out sales role out client already has a pan European new business development team who identify , prospect and win new programmes but a high level relationship management and development role.
You can expect to be involved in wide variety of areas such as pricing , programme agreements , risk sharing etc , the objective of your role is grow engagement that leads to the effective strategic use of finance. Evidence of your impact amongst other things will be increases in volumes and finance penetration levels per programme.
A detailed job description is available for us to share with potentially qualified interested parties but we are happy to provide some very specific advice on what is sought below.
To apply for this position you must be UK , Ireland or Netherlands based. Whilst the lingua franca of our clients business is English you must also be a fluent speaker of French preferably or German.
Please do not apply if you do not also possess business standard English plus business standard French and or German.
Our client are specifically seeking the following skills / experience. We have copied below directly from advice given to us from the hiring manager to ensure we get across as clearly as possible what is needed:
• Educated to degree level ideally in a related discipline i.e. Business Studies, Economics, Finance
• Excellent written and verbal skills, this is essential when communicating to customers and when writing proposals and presentations. Bear in mind that this person will be working with MD’s of subsidiaries of large corporations, owners of local dealerships (who tend to be very well educated and competent individuals who manage relatively large companies), also with contacts at funding partners in many countries.
• Ability to present solutions to partners, customers and vendors in person, by email and by telephone
• Experience of working in a corporate sales environment within the leasing industry, with roles that covered working with customers of varying nationalities.
• Very good English but other European language is an absolute requirement (if we recruit in Netherlands of course Dutch). Languages that are key for us are French (by far the most important) and German (then Italian).
• Ability to manage data to provide MI (nothing very complicated), basic interpretation of financial statements, effective use of Outlook, Word & Powerpoint.
• Good Excel skills ( no need for a wizard but able to produce detailed reports in a format that is easy to understand).
• Able to find his /her way through a legal document, it is not about being a lawyer but being able to make sense of a legal document, understand the programme documentation, implications, etc.
• A degree of international experience is required.
Other additional advice about the role includes :
• This role is not a hunter but more of a farmer although a very dynamic one. Very important as well as attitude is an eagerness to learn, etc. This is a role where the person can get exposed to many interesting contacts in many countries and it requires a person who is eager to learn, to engage, positive, happy to do a bit of everything. In exchange that person will get a lot in terms of exposure to vendors and funders and learning.
• Really important that the person is willing to work with colleagues, listen and take advice as it is quite a unique position where understanding the strategic implications, wider relationships, etc is fundamental.
• The role is ideal for somebody with a few years of experience who wants to learn and grow in terms of knowledge and international exposure, likely fit is someone with 5 to 10 years of experience.
• One very positive aspect of this role is that we are a small division covering a lot in terms of markets (almost whole of Europe in different ways, direct, indirect, cross-border), products, etc and that has been growing rapidly and will continue in this way for the foreseeable future.
• Excellent career prospects exist after a couple of years it could be possible to move on & up and use the skills gained in other areas ( business development , structured finance, etc)
Remuneration salary range up to €85,000 with a qualitative and quantitative bonus of up to 25% of base salary plus car allowance and excellent benefits