Our client a fast growing head lessor with a focus on financing a wide a range of assets from flow business to structured transactions derived through intermediaries are seeking an Operations Manager to lead a department and a team of sales support staff.
Based from offices in central London the purpose of this role is to lead and manage the operational staff and activities within the Sales Support area of a division to provide a market leading service to customers. This includes responsibility for new business proposals, all sales support activities delivering against predefined KPIs, the effective documentation of all supporting policies and procedures and relevant training and development of the team.
Specific responsibilities within this team will include:
Proposals & KYC – New business proposals are managed in accordance with our KPIs. This includes entry into our front-end system, customer search completion, initial credit decisions and initial customer due-diligence checks.
Relationship Management – Support Sales & Broker network, ensuring that new business is chased & managed correctly from Proposal receipt through to Payout.
Across all areas of the In life team, this role is responsible for policies and procedures that cover Sales Support tasks. It is expected that these are reviewed and updated regularly to ensure operational risk is managed effectively.
Developing a first in class Sales Support team providing expert support to Sales & brokers alike.
Quality of all policies and procedures, ensuring that risks and losses are kept to a minimum due to system or process failures.
Anti-fraud checking and the job holder should ensure that both they and their team are always prioritising the improvement of anti-fraud processes to reduce the risk of fraudulent applications and business.
This role is responsible for providing management committees with monthly MI and trend analysis that can assist in continuous improvement of the division.
In addition this role will be required to support administration of several operational controls:
- Broker on-boarding oversight & review process
- Maintenance and co-ordination of Operating procedure library & review process
- Operational Resilience processes including co-ordination of the Business Continuity Plan and Business Impact Assessment and annual review.
Primary Internal Contacts:
- Compliance team
- Legal team
- Operations Director
- Finance team
Primary External Contacts:
- End user customers
- Internal & external Auditors
In addition to the above you will have some risk management responsibilities.
To deliver good customer outcomes and demonstrate behaviours that will positively impact customers. Proactively champion fair customer outcomes for all customers.
To understand our clients Risk Management Framework, and comply with the frameworks, policies and operating procedures which support it as they apply to your role and the work you carry out. Identify and escalate risks in an appropriate and timely manner.
This role is based from our clients central London offices which you need to be sensibly and sustainably commutable to.
We are seeking applications from those with the following skills and experience :
- Some experience of people leadership either dotted line or direct.
- Thorough with a good eye for detail
- 3+ years’ experience leading a new business team and demonstrable experience
- 3+ years’ experience in the Asset Finance industry within a Middle Ticket team
- Good communication skills with experience of senior stakeholder management
- Able to work at a fast pace in a pressured environment
- Self-motivated team player
- Able to look at problems and suggest a variety of solutions
- Knowledge of the APAK Sprint/Alfa system would be particularly beneficial but this is considered nice to have it is not a pre-requisite to apply
Salary to £60,000 + bonus & large company benefits.