Our client a well established asset financier looking for an experienced portfolio governance leader to fulfil a 6 month fixed term contract.
Your role is to ensure that all projects in the change portfolio are delivered with the right controls and governance artefacts in place and ensuring delivery is effective & efficiently managed. In addition, they will establish a holistic portfolio view of risks, issues, budgets, plans and outcomes.
You will be required to deliver the above commitment in a way that is in line with the key values of transformation:
- Govern: Building & implementing best-practice portfolio governance & controls that put the business first whilst minimising bureaucracy and waste.
- Illuminate: Providing early warning and decision-making support to stakeholders through insightful reporting and data analytics.
- Educate: Coaching & mentoring the PM and BA community along with key business stakeholders to support the delivery of benefits to standards and ensure appropriate capability exists to deliver the portfolio of change.
- Support: Provide hands-on expertise to help teams deliver business critical projects against strategic objectives and business case values.
Part City of London working and part home working can be accommodated.
To apply you should have the following skills / experience :
- Experience of operating in a challenging organisational environment balancing differing priorities and demands by using investment metrics, change complexities and risk profiles.
- Experience of implementing delivery governance structures across programmes and projects into an organisation.
- Experience of influencing change professionals, with a focus on the benefits of governance controls and respective artefacts.
- Experience of delivering in a regulatory environment and the respective controls expected.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and flex style appropriately to achieve the right outcomes.
- Demonstrates examples of the value that portfolio governance management and PMOs can bring to large and/or complex engagements.
- Ability to work confidently, thinking strategically and driving execution, at all levels throughout a business through strong influential stakeholder management at all levels including Directors.
- Ability to engage with and influence executive leadership.
- APMP, PRINCE2, P3O, Managing Successful Programmes, Management of Portfolios, Management of Risk, Agile or PMI qualification
- Be the change governance ambassador to ensure that there is a change culture, where governance practices and artefacts are at the heart of delivery.
- Support for the process of continual improvement look at ways we can improve delivery, improving quality whilst reducing time & cost.
- Owning the controls that help identify resource constraints across the portfolio ensuring there is change resource consisting of internal and external resources and 3rd party suppliers to deliver within an acceptable risk profile.
- Responsible for the change standards and controls to ensure optimisation and delivery occur to standards based on industry leading delivery frameworks.
- Responsible for portfolio-level risk and issue management, change control, planning and dependency management, financial control and benefit management/realisation.
- Responsible for the smooth-running of change governance to ensure proper visibility and control of the Portfolio is achieved for key stakeholder needs and keeping the business fully engaged.
- Responsible for assurance across the Portfolio and the maintenance of the Portfolio Risk View covering the nature and extent of risk across the Portfolio (delivery & operational) to inform total risk exposure, identify root causes and provide options based on scenarios to resolve.
Salary £70,000 a year plus benefits but on a 6 month contract.