Our client a broker centric lessor for whom we have successfully sourced senior staff a number of times are seeking to hire a Risk Director.
You will be responsible for the new client structuring, approving and onboarding together with day to day operational and risk leadership for the business. Overseeing the underwriting function, delivering effective portfolio client risk management strategies and providing a high-quality service to our clients introducing brokers and its customers.
You will lead, oversee and manage all lending activities including the credit proposition and related policies and appetite statements, approval process, in life management, watch and non- performing book and the Collections team.
- To support sustainable and profitable growth in line with corporate objectives, approved policy and appetite statements.
- Resource, develop, people manage and motivate Underwriting & Collections teams to support the achievement of company objectives.
- Development of corporate policy and strategy with the divisional Managing Director.
- Responsible for:
- New client structuring, approving and onboarding.
- In life client management including risk and service delivery.
- Collecting our agreements in default
- Accountable for the quality, monitoring & control of the lending book.
- Define credit risk policies, processes and procedures in line with appetite, policy and strategy.
- Define standards for credit applications and ensure adherence.
- Monitor and analyse market trends and recommend changes to lending strategy where appropriate to ensure the portfolio remains profitable and sustainable.
- Contribute to any pricing discussions.
- Communicate key risks to the divisional Managing Director plus group Chief Credit , Head of Compliance etc
- Manage the non-performing and watch book in line with agreed strategy and ensure the Collections team are delivering their objectives.
- To be a member of the internal Credit & Sightings Committee plus input to the wider group Committees as appropriate.
- The role will report to the divisional Managing Director , with a dotted reporting line to group Chief Credit Officer (to ensure independence) and operation of the Three Lines of Defence Model
We are seeking applications from those who are willing to work on a hybrid basis this will include 2 days a week from our clients offices with the balance being based either at group head office in central London or at home.
Required experience / qualities to apply include :
- Extensive knowledge of commercial lending and asset finance lending.
- Previous leadership experience at senior level
- Extensive experience of deal structuring, operations and credit risk management.
- Excellent understanding of a wide range of industry sectors.
- Enthusiastic and able to demonstrate a positive and flexible approach.
- Team player, support colleagues and line management in achieving objectives.
- Self-motivated and driven to learn and develop yourself
- Relevant degree or professional qualification desirable but not essential
- A broad business & commercial focus
- Good judgement & problem solving skills
- Creativity & entrepreneurial thinking
- Strategic planning and review skills
Excellent 6 figure plus salary + bonus to 30% + excellent benefits