Our client a leading bank own broker centric asset financier are seeking a Senior Underwriter to join their team.
Key responsibilities :
- To evaluate, analyse, and approve credit proposals and revisions to underwrite structured finance deals and maintain the portfolio through a consistent level of credit risk assessment and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Provide commercially balanced recommendations to colleagues where new business applications are above the Senior Underwriter’s credit mandate
- Assist with the preparation of credit papers for submission to AL/Credit Committee
- To be able to process high volumes of new business proposals and promote a high level of service to RAF’s brokers, suppliers, and customers within strict time deadlines
- To assist the Head of Credit in the achievement of critical KPI’s for the asset finance sales support department
- To maintain an awareness of and compliance with legal processes and statutory requirements in new business with reference to the Consumer Credit Act, Data Protection Act and Anti Money Laundering Procedures and Fraud.
- The role will require attending virtual and in person meetings with key brokers at Sales request as well as ensure regular contact on proposal with brokers to help make the difference through with positive discussion and negotiation on potential transactions as required.
- Ensure that online training and regulatory reading is completed on time
Ideally our client seek a Senior Underwriter who can work from their Essex offices for 3 days a week and 2 days at home.
However , there is flexibility here based to attract the highest calibre.
We are therefore keen to hear from applicants who possess the skills and experience outlined below who are able to be office based at least 1 day a week.
- At least 5 years’ proven experience in the Asset Finance sector in the capacity of working in a decision-making function
- To analysis a set of financial accounts, including assessing affordability, serviceability, and cash flow in proposals up to £1m
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills together with an excellent eye for detail
- Excellent administrative, organisational and communication skills
- Self-motivation and team player
Salary range to £70,000 + bonus & excellent benefits