Our client are a growing and dynamic asset financier– providing corporate clients and Individuals with a range of asset-based financing solutions. They are looking to recruit an experienced Underwriter to review and make decisions on a wide variety of proposals presented by our various business introducers, interpreting the terms of reference provided by the companies credit policy.
The role largely focusses on hard & soft assets broker driven introductions from £5K to £150K with an average deal size of £80K and involves actively engaging with customers and brokers.
- Review a wide variety of regulated and unregulated proposals that vary in value, liaising with senior colleagues / directorate as appropriate
- Review proposals to arrive at a reasoned decision and communicate that decision clearly to our introducer source
- To liaise with introducers as required to clarify proposal information and issue Acceptances / Declines / Further Information advices for reviewed proposals within a personal mandate level as advised
- Make recommendations and liaise with senior colleagues for cases which are beyond mandate levels
- Participate in Credit Committee discussions and decisions in a timely manner
- To discuss and justify decisions or further information requests when required with external parties (e.g. Auditor / Regulator) by reference to notes made at time of review
- Adhere to the proposal process to ensure correct procedures are followed
- Providing a consistently high level of customer service for all introducers and customers
- To attend meetings (on or off-site) with Brokers, Sales Manager or Directors to assist with business development requirements
- Occasional administration duties, e.g. manipulating spreadsheet data, system reports etc.
- Attend company hospitality days to promote the business from time to time
- To assist in the future development of the business
- Participate in business development streams as and when require
- To assist other members of the team as required.
This a hybrid role 3 days a week Tuesday to Thursday office based in offices in Northants and working from home Monday and Friday.
Please apply if you have the following skills / experience
- Strong Asset Finance market and underwriting experience (at least 2 years hard asset experience) – Construction, Agriculture, Commercial Vehicles preferred
- Recognised Credit Risk Management qualification (or working towards).
- Good understanding of Consumer Credit Act and FCA Handbook
- Capability to perform detailed financial analysis.
- A balanced view of commercial risk vs. credit risk with an ability to negotiate / amend transaction structures.
- Good understanding of finance products, documentation, and the risks therein
- Co-operate in pricing discussions to balance risk / reward
- IT literate
Salary range up to c£50,000 plus excellent benefits including bonus typically to c10% of salary